[Start Lubuntu] Road Map/Master Plan - version 1.0

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Mon Apr 29 19:35:58 UTC 2013

Hey Ali,

I'm sorry, but I think you've gotten the message wrong. Let me try to
rephrase for you.

There is no "attitude" towards other members of Ubuntu here. This is
simply the wrong mailing list for Lubuntu-related messages and that's
why I asked you to stop sending them.

I did read the wiki page and I noticed it only mentions Xubuntu. If you
had some specific idea or proposal to Xubuntu instead of just covering
Lubuntu in the wiki page, the situation would be different.

If you wanted to make it a project that spans across the flavors, I
think you should have branded it differently, eg. not calling it "WOW
Lubuntu" or "Start Lubuntu".

I'm sorry for not replying to your team membership request. If you had
read the Xubuntu Strategy Document [1] you would have noticed that we
have processes which one must follow to become a Xubuntu team member.
One of the requirements to be approved to the team is actual
contributions. A similar process applies to the Xubuntu subteams.

We do accept people from other teams to join us and we are willing to
cooperate with them. However, I haven't heard any specific ideas how
you'd like to help Xubuntu specifically.

I wish you all the best with your marketing effort for Lubuntu.

Cheers,
Pasi

P.S. Yes, I'm the Xubuntu Project Lead.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu_Team