Xubuntu features that users like

Bruno Benitez gridcube at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 13:06:28 UTC 2013

2013/4/21 Eros Mailbox <erosmailbox at gmail.com>

> Dear All,
>
> I would like to point out some software in Xubuntu 12.04 to be kept for
> future Xubuntu releases:
>
> - gThumb quick image tweak and view and really easy to use.
> - Ristretto wonderful to view images.
> - Catfish the most effective search App I've seen so far.
> - Gmusicbrowser simple but powerful.
> - Leafpad better than any other simple text editor.
> - Synaptic the best software manager.
>
> Xubuntu developers, please keep the above in the default installation of
> future versions of Xubuntu.
>
> Regards,
> Eros

i agree with all of your points except for gmusicbrowser.

I would also like for future releases an integration of the current ubuntu
movement, not implying that xubuntu should turn into unity or anything like
that, but taking advantage of the things like the ubuntu's HUD [1]
technology would be awesome.

This should provide xubuntu a greatest boost compared to other xfce distros
in where we would be using new and more interesting technologies without
leaving the classic and more known behind.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity/HUD

--
Bruno.-