Connecting wi-fi during install

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 3 18:31:58 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 6:25 AM, Scott Moore <scottbomb at hotmail.com> wrote:
> While installing the ISO yesterday for a daily test, I learned that an
> ethernet cable had gone bad. The laptop then tried to connect to wi-fi
> during the installation. However, it did not attempt to connect until after
> the screen that asks me to make sure I'm connected to the internet in order
> to download updates during the installation. After I connected to the
> wireless router, it did go back to that screen and gave me the opportunity
> to check the box to download updates. As a suggestion, I would have the
> installer prompt the user to connect to wi-fi before presenting the option
> to download updates. In other words, when the only NIC available is a
> wireless NIC, the screen called "Wireless" should come before the screen
> called "Preparing to Install Xubuntu".

Thanks for testing, Scott!

Were you able to complete the install? If so, please run:

ubuntu-bug ubiquity

To submit the bug with this explanation to the installer package
(ubiquity). This will get it to the right people who can look into it
:)

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com