another thing about orca and xfce

Brian Smith xubuntu-dev-list at nairb.us
Wed Sep 19 14:14:27 UTC 2012

Hello Jonathan Nadeau,

Your mentioned command should work if you are also using the rest of the
gnome-services. However, this does tend to bog down xfce with other
services that may not really be needed, although still not as bad as
GNOME itself. To try it, go to the xfce4-menu > Settings >
Settings-Manager > Session and Startup > go to the advanced tab, and
check the "Launch GNOME services on startup" check-box... then log-out,
and back in...

Hope it helps, and good luck.

--
Thanks,