Reviewing the documentation

Jack Fromm jjfrv8 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 14:07:15 UTC 2012

On 09/13/2012 05:43 PM, Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> There's still a few sections and subpages that need (re-)reviewing, and
> here's the full list:
>
> 2/Upgrading from and older version of Xubuntu
> 4/Quick Guide to default applications
> 4/Photos and Cameras; RE-REVIEW
> 4/Music;RE-REVIEW
> 4/Movies, DVDs and Videos
> 4/Burning CDs and DVDs
> 5/Network Connections; RE-REVIEW
> 5/Troubleshooting; RE-REVIEW
> 5/Connecting to Servers
> 6/Printing
> 6/Scanning
> 9/Suspending and Hibernating your computer; RE-REVIEW
> 10/Administrative tasks
> 10/Users and Groups
> 11/The command line
>
> I've set up a pad to track the documentation reviewing progress [1]. For
> those pages that need re-reviewing, please check the pad for more
> information on what to specifically look for and/or what has changed
> since the last time it was under review.
>
> All the rewritten pages can be found at the documentation rewrite wiki
> [2]. Once you've reviewed a page, please send an email to this list (you
> can also edit the "Conf:" -line for the appropriate section(s) in the
> pad) so we can track down the reviews and eventually, check out the pages.
>
> If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Both this list and
> #xubuntu-devel work well for any questions.
>
> Cheers,
> Pasi
>
> [1] http://typewith.me/p/x-q-docs-checkout
> [2] http://dagobah.princessleia.com/Xubuntu/12.10

I have reviewed Photos and Cameras
<http://dagobah.princessleia.com/Xubuntu/12.10/Photos%20and%20cameras>
and made some changes. The last edit needs to be reviewed again because
I could not duplicate the original instructions for printing from Image
Viewer. I struck out the steps in that section and replaced them with a
proposed procedure for printing from gThumb.

Jack