Hosting an Xubuntu Mirror at the OSU Open Source Lab

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Mon May 21 16:40:48 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Trevor Bramwell <bramwelt at osuosl.org> wrote:
> The Oregon State University Open Source Lab is interested in hosting an
> Xubuntu mirror. We currently already host a mirror for Ubuntu.
>
> Could you please provide us with information on becoming an official
> Xubuntu mirror? We would love to support the great work you all are
> doing! Thank you!

Thanks so much for this offer! Sorry it's taken a couple weeks to get
back to you, first people were busy with UDS, then it took me a few
days to track down the answer.

Do you have access to the current scripts doing the sync for the
Ubuntu mirrors? The script you'll want to use to sync Xubuntu will be
similar but instead of pulling from releases.ubuntu.com you'll want to
pull from the cdimages.ubuntu.com address (probably
http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/ to just mirror xubuntu
and not the other flavors).

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2