Resignation from Xubuntu Project

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Mon Mar 19 20:01:48 UTC 2012

On 03/19/2012 08:47 PM, Charlie Kravetz wrote:
> Due to circumstances now surrounding the Xubuntu Project, I will no
> longer be able to participate in any capacity. For 18 months as Project
> Lead, I attempted to keep as many as possible involved with this
> project. Some of those individuals fought every attempt I made to
> better the project. Now, having observed the project from the sidelines
> for almost an entire release cycle, I find those individuals were
> actually playing some kind of games, for reasons I will never
> understand. As of the release of Precise Pangolin as Xubuntu 12.04, I
> am resigning any and all positions with the project. I wish the Xubuntu
> success in the future.

Hey Charlie,

I'm really sad to see you go. I wish you all the good in the future, though.

To be able to make the Xubuntu community work better, I'd appreciate any
feedback on the circumstances and/or games you are referring to. Feel
free to send an email to the mailing list or me privately, if you feel
it's more appropriate that way.

Community will be a huge point of focus for the Q cycle. Iif anybody
else has any feedback on the community, be in touch with me, via the
mailing list, email or IRC. We will take any feedback into account when
revising the community.

Charlie, thanks for all your work again, and all the good in the future,
Pasi

Leader of Xubuntu and Shimmer Project       » http://shimmerproject.org/