About Xubuntu Artwork

Ernesto Acosta elavdeveloper at myopera.com
Sat Mar 24 18:22:02 UTC 2012

Hi everybody:

# About Artwork

I am writing to offer some suggestions and ideas for Xubuntu 12.04.

First of all, I think the Xubuntu Artwork is very separate from the
original design of Ubuntu. I think it would be a good idea, that include
Xubuntu also Ambiance & Radiance by default. It would also be positive
default Xfwm buttons were left default, as in OS X and Unity.

Thus, a user wishing to leave Unity and want to try Xubuntu, you'll find
a similar interface. I do not know what the idea of ​​the design team
Xubuntu, but it would be good to rate the possibility of a similar
appearance to that of Ubuntu. Just a suggestion. In fact, the job of
carrying Ambiance & Radiance is already done for Xfce.

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Ambiance+% 26 + Radiance + Themes
+ for + Xfce% 26LXDE? content = 146674

# About logo

Another topic I wanted to talk, is about the new logo for Xubuntu. I'm
no designer, but when I look I do not really show anything related to
Xfce. The previous logo gave us more or less a better idea. I made a
proposal, which leave them below.

# About Applications

There are some applications which I think can be replaced with more
light and thus do not depend on Gnome.

Gcalctool can be replaced with Galculator
Evince can be replaced with ePDFView
Ristretto has greatly improved but may be replaced by Mirage.

# About Issues

Problems encountered in Beta 1:

I guess for being a Beta, all problems will comment below normal. I
should also clarify that he had the option to upgrade approximately 300
Mb of packages, updating that maybe some of them managed, but my
connection would not let me check.

Something I did not like is that I went out anywhere the network icon,
and you have to configure the menu "Preferences. The icons and desktop
items are not updated automatically when added or deleted, so we must
update them manually with F5. The menu does not have the option to run,
and the application that is responsible for this action, sometimes left
by pressing [Alt] + [F2] or delayed more than 10 seconds to run.

Changing the keyboard layout, I had to close several applications for
changes to take effect. The context menu includes an entry for Search in
the folder in which we are but just does not work that option. Trying to
remove drivers from NVidia (and I use Intel) these drag Xubuntu Desktop.

Xubuntu also includes too many language packs, you do not understand if
you end the LiveCD runs in English. Sure, I guess when you are
installing, and using another language, English and Spanish are not the
only ones on our planet, but I think there should be an option for you,
after installing, removal of unnecessary language as our preferences

# End
Let me clarify two things:

1 - All these suggestions are based on my personal taste.
2 - My English is not very good, so I had to use a translator.

Best regards.

  Saludos: Ernesto Acosta
  url:  blog.desdelinux.net