Xubuntu QA meeting minutes (2012-06-24)
astraljava at kapsi.fi
Sun Jun 24 17:56:10 UTC 2012
the second QA meeting for Xubuntu, quantal cycle was held on 24th of June, 2012,
on the #xubuntu-devel channel, at 1600-1730 UTC.
Minutes of the meeting:
- asserted that the test is marked as failed if any of the tests fails
- stressed how important it is for the testcases to describe important things,
no vague wordings like "mount a removable drive" (discussion erupted out of
- agreed to work on Short testcase  due to aforementioned bullet points
- came to agreement we need instructions for finding out information about where
to file bugs on, good suggestions were asking on #ubuntu-bugs, a wiki-page 
regarding bugs corresponding packages, also warranted for some research on LP,
possible that bugs are filed on some items that correspond to product that's
cycle-specific? (action point for astraljava)
- discussed about the importance of notifications on image builds, (action point
for astraljava: check with the team about cdimage mail, qa mailing list need?)
- introduced bootcharting, and its relevance to improving the boot speed,
mentioned the blueprint 
- briefly touched the compositor issue, postponed it to later in the cycle
The next meeting will occur at the same place  in three weeks from now .
Finally a heads-up for the milestone this upcoming week; Alpha-2 will hopefully
be released on Thursday, 28th of June. It requires lots of testing, so if you
have time during the first half of this coming week, please pay attention to our
mailing lists  and IRC channels . Details will be posted very soon.
Thanks for everyone's (hopefully continuing) contributions!
: #xubuntu-devel on irc.freenode.net
: xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com, xubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com
Jaska (astraljava on freenode.net)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the xubuntu-devel