Creating Visual Guidelines for Xubuntu

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 30 18:55:45 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Santiago Roland <sroland at lavabit.com> wrote:
> I would be glad that someone point me in the right direction regarding
> topics like i mentioned. I did not know what specific steps to take
> and please tell me if i'm in the wrong mailing list, i'll try to
> follow your instructions and avoid being off topic.

I'll just note that discussion on changes is always welcome because
it's great to have feedback and not everyone is available during the
planning section of our cycle. Thank you!

However, these discussions are most effective when they are done
during our planning weeks for the release cycle, as by the time we're
where we are now (already in alpha3, heading toward beta1) it's too
late to consider major changes for the upcoming release and we're
primarily working on bug fixes and finalizing our current blueprints,
so we'll have to bookmark this email and consider it for the next
cycle.

For an idea of how our development cycle works, here's the example of
the timing for Quantal:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Roadmap/Goals/Quantal

And more details about actually submitting ideas and blueprints here:
http://xubuntu.org/news/brainstorming-the-12-10-release/

Hope this helps.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2