Xubuntu 11.10 : Absolute Bare Minimum ISO with Xubuntu 11.10 Absolute Bare Minimum Graphical Installer

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Tue Feb 28 19:19:56 UTC 2012

On 02/28/2012 08:29 PM, Bonnie* wrote:
> To,
> Pasi Lallinaho
> (Xubuntu Project & Marketing Lead)
> pasi at digitoucan.fi
>
> I recently switched from Windows-XP to Xubuntu and liked it very much.
> Xubuntu has offered me beyond my expectation.
> I am looking for Xubuntu 11.10 Absolute Bare Minimum graphical
> installer ISO with IPTABLES, UFW, Synaptic and Network Support (no
> dependencies on GNOME or KDE, and no-extra packages.) the required
> application packages I can install either by using Synaptic or Ubuntu
> Software Center through internet.
>
> I can appreciate if you and your team can make Xubuntu 11.10 Absolute
> Bare Minimum graphical installer ISO available in near future. I do
> not like any of Ubuntu or Xubuntu's derivatives like mint or any other.
>
> Thanks for your development, efforts and time
> Thanks to Ubuntu and Xubuntu.
>
> regards,
> Bonnie*

Hey Bonnie (CC: the Xubuntu developer mailing list for information),

for the most minimal installations (which you probably want), there is
the Ubuntu Minimal CD [1]. This will install only the core system, after
which you can install only those packages you want.

We are about to introduce an Xfce-only "application set" for either
Precise or P+1. This will include the core Ubuntu system and the Xfce
packages. It does not include the graphical improvements and tweaks or
other little things that the normal installation will, though.

Cheers, and thanks for the compliments,
Pasi

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD

Leader of Xubuntu and Shimmer Project       » http://shimmerproject.org/