The reasons why Leafpad is fine

PK pliniusminor at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 22:06:59 UTC 2012

Please don't replace Leafpad! It's absolutely perfect for editing
systemwide configuration files.

Gedit has become clearly unfit for that: in the current versions, it
opens a useless blank file as well, when you open such a config file
as root. Arrogant reaction from a Gnome developer when confronted with
criticism about this: "Won't revert this change. Gedit isn't supposed
to be used as root."

So please: let's keep Leafpad as default for Xubuntu!

Regards, Pjotr.