rearranging the default desktop

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Sun Dec 30 01:48:59 UTC 2012

On 12/30/2012 02:42 AM, Patrick Johnson wrote:
> I'm curious if there is a reason why the default desktop is configured
> the way it is.  I've always found it more useful to have the taskbar
> on the bottom (which I usually set to autohide).  And then I have the
> Dock on the left so it somewhat resembles the Ubuntu launcher (also
> set to autohide).  Is the Desktop configuration open for discussion?
>  I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on the best default setup to
> present to users.

It is open for discussion, but it's also one of the hardest topics out
there. Everybody has an opinion, and it's most probably different from
others' opinions.

The right way to approach this issue is to think what's best for the
majority or at least many of our users. While I'm not using the default
panel layout myself, I think it's works pretty well for many.

> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/screenshot1207201208144.png/
>
> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/screenshot1207201208141.png/
>
> ---
> Patrick Johnson