A few words on Santiago Roland's suggestions

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 02:34:15 UTC 2012

On Dec 1, 2012 9:27 PM, "Santiago Roland" <sroland at lavabit.com> wrote:

> I didn't know about the license of VLC, i thought it was open-source,
The included codecs are not, nor are they likely ever to be opensource...
vlc is one of the first things I install. The ui is arguably not for mass
appeal. I use it as a general media player. Feel free and contact the
owners of the included codecs and ask them about open sourcing the products
they create/maintain...