A few words on Santiago Roland's suggestions

Scott Moore scottbomb at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 2 02:00:57 UTC 2012

"change to nautilus default, but this is a bit insane and in this point i
would use ubuntu then."

I did install Nautilus and use it because Thunar network integration is
still quite buggy (sometimes doesn't work). It doesn't take over the whole
UI like it did in 10.04.

I also use VLC and SM Player. VLC is set to default media player and works
well. Installed Synaptic too. I won't touch Libre Office with a 10-foot
pole. Happily using Open Office as default applications as well.

Thus is the beauty of Xubuntu. I get to customize it however I want.