A few words on Santiago Roland's suggestions

Darshak Parikh wizard.darshak at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 22:23:12 UTC 2012

Hi Santiago,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I have something to say about it.

It would be nice to have them, but VLC and LibO might not be possible to
add right now for them developers, as has been discussed earlier.

Talking about the music player, I agree with you. Gmusicbrowser is light
but not as good as Banshee. However, Banshee has been designed for GNOME,
and might be tough to implement on Xubuntu. And Banshee doesn't fit the
definition of "lightweight". But of course, it would be nice if we could
have Audacious instead. What say, people?

And lastly, the theme. Well, the default Xubuntu theme isn't that dark
really. I mean, the panels are dark, but the window manager and UI theme
Greybird, is anything but dark. Moreover, dark themes can look good too.
Look at the Holo theme on Android 4.x, it's the coolest theme ever.

Regards,
Darshak