Implementation of a Mouse Adaptor Rilevator

Alessandro Suglia alessandro.suglia at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 10:14:16 UTC 2012

Hello to everyone, it's a pleasure for me to post here and try to
contribute( just a few ) to this big and wonderful project.
My name is Alessandro Suglia and I just want to propose to you a simple
tool that this distro doesn't have, and I'm thinking about a specific
program which recognize that a mouse adaptor was inserted and after that
grant to you to choose which device do you want to use from that moment
ahead.
For example, in my case,  if I'm using my notebook and I connect my
mouse device, I can still use the touchpad and I have to disable it from
the "Settings Panel".
I find it quite uncomfortable so I think that could be a good idea to
create a specific daemon which recognize this type of situation and
grant to the user the possibility to manage this kind of problem, giving
to him the possibility to switch directly from the panel, the device
that he wants to continue to use.

I hope that this will be a good start point for you and also, I hope
that this idea won't be useless.

Cheers,

Alessandro Suglia