AMD64 images need some love (was: [xubuntu-users] Xubuntu and Ubuntu Studio Release Candidate images on ISO tracker)

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Tue Apr 24 22:35:04 UTC 2012

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 00:13:06 +0300
Janne Jokitalo <astraljava at kapsi.fi> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 11:13:57PM +0300, Janne Jokitalo wrote:
> <snip>
> > Release Candidates have been released, and they're in great need of testing.
> > Please help us with finding the rest of the bugs in hiding, go to
> > http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/ now!
>
> Hi, it's me again! Thanks so much for everyone who's helped us thus far!
>
> However, our AMD64 images are in dire need of testrunning. If you can, please
> help! The release is in less than 2 days, and unless we get the pre-release
> images tested, they won't reach the final status, and thus won't be released
> officially.
>
> Thanks in advance for your support and contribution! And again, do not hesitate
> to contact us either here on this mailing list, or in IRC [0].
>
> [0]: #xubuntu and #xubuntu-devel on irc.freenode.net
>

> Best regards,

Under the newest testing processes, I have been running tests on
Wednesday, after the final spins. This entire cycle, everytime we hurry
up and get the tests done, there has been another respin on Wednesday,
usually about noon my time, which means every test again. I have been
saving on the cd-r's by waiting until Wednesday to test.

--
Charlie Kravetz