Fwd: Xfce 4.10 Release Cycle Information [delayed]

Micah Gersten micahg at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 30 02:58:18 UTC 2011

On 10/29/2011 08:41 AM, Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
> Some information from the Xfce bunkers, too.

Lionel, I think this means we're sticking with 4.8.x for the LTS,
right?  Planned release is 2012-03-11 and Feature Freeze is Feb 16.
Maybe we can try to stage 4.10 in a PPA in case they end up releasing in
early March and then make the call?  It'll obviously be easier to
support a later release.  In addition, the 4.10 series was supposed to
be focused more on polish and less on features, so it should be a safer
upgrade as well.  4.10 released on March 11 would mean 10 days of
coverage in archive before beta 2 freeze.
Thanks,
Micah
Micah