A word or few about near future

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Fri Oct 28 23:23:41 UTC 2011

Hello!

Thanks again everybody for choosing me as the new Xubuntu Project Lead.

I will be taking a break from FOSS sometime soon, and unless you want to
meet each other just for fun or to work with ongoing business, I will
not be keeping community meetings until I've come back from my short
break. This will mean the next meetings are on the week after UDS.

If you have thought of keeping a break from FOSS too, beginning of the
cycle is a good time. Enjoy your time off! (Sorry Lionel, this doesn't
apply to you... ;))

I'm proposing to add Simon Steinbeiß [1] in our Artwork team, as well as
the Xubuntu Team. The rationale behind this is continued contribution to
Xubuntu, via desktop themes and many many more things. If somebody has
anything to say about this, please do it before Friday, 4th of November.
Unless nobody wants to discuss this further, Simon will be added to the
team. Otherwise, it will be discussed and voted on the next community
meeting.

We are getting closer to the publishing of the new website [2]. Once
it's out, I'd like to publish a MINIMUM of one article per month in the
blog. Subjects should be everything about Xubuntu, from quick lists of
reviews about Xubuntu in the last month to development, artwork, ISO
testing, community... Anything that relates to Xubuntu, at least
somehow. Please feel free to tell about ideas for articles, and feel
free, but not obligated, to start writing drafts.

While it is very recommended, it is not a "hard requirement" to be a
Ubuntu member to be able to get your article on the blog. We will sort
out on how to proceed with this, but since we've done it before [3], I
don't think there is any real obstacles.

Thanks, let's keep in touch via email and IRC.

Sincerely,
Your new Project Lead,
Pasi Lallinaho

[1a] https://launchpad.net/~simon-steinbeiss