Fw: Join Ubuntu 12.04 Alpha 1 ISO Testing

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Tue Nov 29 13:07:59 UTC 2011

Please note the new tracker URL for QA testing.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:38:12 +0100
From: Jean-Baptiste Lallement <jean-baptiste at ubuntu.com>
To: ubuntu-qa at lists.ubuntu.com, iso-testers at lists.launchpad.net,
ubuntu-testing at lists.ubuntu.com Subject: Join Ubuntu 12.04 Alpha 1 ISO
Testing

Hi everyone!

Here comes the first milestone of a total of 5 [1] and it's time to
test what will become the next Ubuntu LTS. Precise Alpha 1 is due this
week and candidate images will start appearing on Tuesday.

As usual we'll be asking everyone on the QA team to participate in the
image testing to ensure we have good test coverage.

The procedures for testing ISO images and reporting results are
explained on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/ISO/Procedures

Thanks to the fantastic work of Stéphane Graber, we'll use the new
version the ISO tracker [2] to test this milestone.

Due to time constraints, the old version has not been upgraded and
we'll be tracking test results on a cloud instance available at
http://91.189.93.73

The big difference is the integration with Ubuntu Single-Sign-On
service, and you'll only require a launchpad account in order to
authenticate on the new tracker.

If you find any bug with this version of the tracker, you can report
them on launchpad against the project ubuntu-qa-website [3].

And of course, if you find any bug with the release, report them on
Launchpad and link them on the tracker as usual.

We will coordinate testing in #ubuntu-testing on freenode. Please, go
there often to see what others are testing or what needs to be tested.

Thank you very much for your help and happy testing!

[1] http://qa.ubuntu.com/2011/11/25/precise-iso-testing-schedule/
[2]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2011-November/034495.html
[3] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-qa-website