Xubuntu Community Meeting on Monday, May 23, 2011
cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Tue May 24 13:46:43 UTC 2011
== 2011-05-23 Meeting Minutes ==
=== Old Business ===
* email the ML with proposed meeting days and times, Mon, Thurs, Fri
only for days - done
* knome is to set up a tele-conference of some type to discuss
marketing - carried forward/after natty releases
* Charlie as Project Lead will draw up a proposal to be added to the
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument for choosing a new
Project Lead by community vote
=== Team updates ===
==== Packaging & Development ====
* GTK2 will be used for Oneiric Ocelot. If possible, GTK3 will not be
on the Xubuntu cd.
* Xfce 4.8.2 will be included in Oneiric Ocelot.
==== Bug Triage & Testing ====
* Alpha1 testing will begin on 2011-05-31.
* Soupermanito, beardygnome will assist in testing the Oneiric Ocelot
* drc will begin daily installation testing of the images for alpha1.
==== Website & Marketing ====
* Canonical RT set up the staging site for wordpress. Unfortunately,
this can not be used by the Xubuntu Team to test wordpress as a
* knome and pleia2 will work together to set up a test site for
* Suggestion from ochosi - it would be great if the first page would
show the slideshow that is shown during installation.
==== Artwork ====
* Artwork this cycle will be mainly improving greybird and the
* Our artwork team [[ http://wiki.knome.fi/shimmer:greybird | goals]]
==== Documentation ====
* We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and
=== Announcements ===
* Xubuntu roadmap for Oneiric Ocelot is at
* The calendar/schedule for Oneiric is at
* LightDM will replace GDM in Oneiric Ocelot
=== Any Other Business ===
* Next meeting is in one week, May 30, #xubuntu-devel, at 19:00 UTC.
* Meeting logs are available at:
* A request was made to try and hold meetings on Tuesdays.
=== Action items for the 2011-05-23 meeting ===
* Email the Mailing Lists about meeting on alternate days weekly.
* Possibility to hold at least one meeting per month on Tuesday.
* Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU
=== Carried Forward ===
Please see the previous logs at
==== Xubuntu Governance ====
* The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
* The Xubuntu project will advance towards a Council-based governance
* NOTE: This will require approval of the Ubuntu Community Council.
Xubuntu Project Lead
Linux Registered User Number 425914 [http://counter.li.org/]
Never let anyone steal your DREAM. [http://keepingdreams.com]
More information about the xubuntu-devel