Xubuntu Community Meeting 2011-05-30 minutes
cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Thu Jun 2 17:56:31 UTC 2011
== 2011-05-30 Meeting Minutes ==
=== Old Business ===
* email the ML with proposed meeting days and times, Mon, Tues only
for days - action completed
* meetings will alternate Monday at 19:00 UTC and Sunday at 22:00 UTC
* knome is to set up a tele-conference of some type to discuss
marketing - carried forward/after natty releases
=== Team updates ===
==== Packaging & Development ====
* GTK2 will be used for Oneiric Ocelot. GTK3 will need to be there to
support the Ubuntu/Gnome applications such as Software Center
* Syncing of latest Xfce is being done by mr_pouit and micahg
* Need to replace GDM with lightDM.
* pastebinit will be installed as a cli application by default.
==== Bug Triage & Testing ====
* Alpha1 testing will begin on 2011-05-31.
* Soupermanito, beardygnome will assist in testing the Oneiric Ocelot
* drc will begin daily installation testing of the images for alpha1.
* Testing wiki - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing
==== Website & Marketing ====
* Canonical RT set up the staging site for wordpress. Unfortunately,
this can not be used by the Xubuntu Team to test wordpress as a
* knome and pleia2 will work together to set up a test site for
* Suggestion from ochosi - it would be great if the first page would
show the slideshow that is shown during installation.
* We need to get more people than me and knome involved in marketing,
* "marketing" definition:
* news releases, blogs, release
parties, !OpenWeek, !DeveloperWeek, !UserDays
* Anything we can do to promote Xubuntu
==== Artwork ====
* ochosi started a design initiative in xfce
* It's mostly about optimizing the UI
* Anyone can participate
* There is a compact xfwm4 theme now
* Wiki page is here: https://wiki.xfce.org/design/start
* Our artwork team goals: http://wiki.knome.fi/shimmer:greybird
==== Documentation ====
* We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and
=== Announcements ===
* TeamReports need to be updated -
* This is the end of May, please feel free to add whatever you are
doing for Xubuntu to this report.
* The next linux kernel will be called linux 3.0 instead of 2.6.40
* We do have a support channel for spanish support, that is not
included in the !es factoid. It is #xubuntu-es .
=== Any Other Business ===
* Next meeting is in one week, June 5, #xubuntu-devel, at 22:00 UTC.
* Meeting Minutes and logs are at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings
=== Action items for the 2011-05-30 meeting ===
* Email the Mailing Lists about meeting on alternate days weekly.
* Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU
==== Xubuntu Governance ====
* The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu Governance &
* The Xubuntu project will advance towards a Council-based governance
* Until we have more participation, Xubuntu will not be trying to set
up a governing council.
* There will be an addition to the Stradegy Document to select a new
Project Lead by vote.
Xubuntu Project Lead
Linux Registered User Number 425914 [http://counter.li.org/]
Never let anyone steal your DREAM. [http://keepingdreams.com]
More information about the xubuntu-devel