Panels in Oneiric Ocelot

Jarno Suni jarno.ilari.suni at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 13:25:40 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 2:00 AM, Eero Tamminen <oak at helsinkinet.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've seen several non-technical people to like a CPU usage indicator.
> Especially on machines that have less RAM or are otherwise slower, it
> shows that machine is actually doing something as response to user
> actions, like starting Firefox...

Oh, Firefox window still draws wrong sometimes in startup. Old bug
from Firefox 3. CPU Graph takes several percents of CPU in older
computers. I wish you could set its "width" to zero and make it
lighter. You can use System Load Monitor, but it does not show
different bar for each core.

As for avoiding unnecessary load, I would set screensaver to blank
screen and make it set backlight off.

http://www.iki.fi/8/