Replacing GIMP

Kristian Rink kawazu at zimmer428.net
Fri Jul 29 12:20:46 UTC 2011

Am Fri, 29 Jul 2011 12:40:19 +0300
schrieb Jari Rahkonen <jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi>:
> "average" user. My personal choice would be shotwell, which is
> admittedly a bulkier piece of software than gthumb, but still less
> than half of gimp's 14 megs (in Natty). It has all the features you
> just described and more, but in my experience surpasses gthumb in
> refinement and ease of use.

I'd go with that. :) My preferences for gthumb are mainly rooted in my
"old-fashioned" style of working with images in (file system) folders
but I have to admit that some of the features provided by shotwell are
_really_ neat, especially the ability to "vote" for pictures (5 .. 0
"stars") and filter images based upon this "voting", even though I
remember having seen this elsewhere before - Apple? Adding to that,
shotwell seems a more easy-to-use choice for sorting large collections
of images without having much manual work to do. :)

Cheers,
Kristian