Xubuntu community meeting minutes 2011-07-03

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Fri Jul 8 18:58:06 UTC 2011

== 2011-07-03 Meeting Minutes ==

the agenda is available at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings

=== Old Business ===

 * Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU - Carried Forward
 * micahg to find what Ubuntu-desktop does with java in restricted-extras - Carried Forward
 * GridCube to begin a discussion on the Xubuntu-devel ML to find the "Top 10" FAQ items for Xubuntu - Done
  * investigate putting the "TOP 10" FAQ on the website
 * start ML discussion on panels, reviews of current panels, launchers on panels, etc - Carried Forward

=== Team updates ===

==== Packaging & Development ====

 * merges/syncs from Debian are completed
 * worked to get the images downsized again; they now fit on a cd
 * we're waiting on some lightdm changes
 * pavucontrol and pastebinit need to be added to the defaults
 * we will look at getting pavucontrol in the sound preferences
 * look into putting file-roller back, now that it won't pull in nautilus anymore
 * look at the possibility of adding midori as a second browser

==== Bug Triage & Testing ====

 * Testing is going great this cycle. Even if we don't get every image and test everyday, there are enough tests being done to know when things break
 * Bug squashing continues on a daily basis

==== Website & Marketing ====

 * All teams need to review website content
  * insure http://xubuntu.org/contribute is up to date for each team
 * we need a news release for alpha2 this week
 * the imgcapt plugin is now pretty much done, and we need people to test it

==== Artwork ====

 * there's a git-repo for greybird
  * https://github.com/shimmerproject/Greybird
 * fixed the checkboxes and radiobuttons to follow the new (brighter) style

==== Documentation ====

 * We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and update it.

=== Announcements ===

 * Team Reports are due for June
  * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/TeamReports
 * Oneiric Alpha 2: July 7
 * Testing for Alpha2: July 5
 * The next meeting will be on Monday, 2011-07-11 at 19:00 UTC

=== Any Other Business ===

 * Thunderbird is default in Ubuntu now
 * to subscribe to the xubuntu-devel mailing list, go to
  * https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
 * Next meeting is in one week, July 11, #xubuntu-devel, at 19:00 UTC.
 * Meeting log is available in full at
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-07-03

=== Action items for the 2011-07-03 meeting ===

 * we need a news release for alpha2 this week
 * we will look at getting pavucontrol in the sound preferences
 * All teams need to review website content
  * insure http://xubuntu.org/contribute is up to date for each team

==== Xubuntu Governance ====

 * The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu_Governance_.26_Team_Structure

--
Charlie Kravetz