Xubuntu Website Sprint on Saturday December 3rd at 17:00 UTC

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Sun Dec 4 21:21:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> This weekend, on Saturday, December 3rd at 17:00 UTC[0] the Xubuntu
> website team will be hosting our second Website Sprint in
> #xubuntu-devel on irc.freenode.net

Thanks to knome, madnick and GridCube for coming out to the sprint, we
identified the following work items:

 * knome to replace "Xubuntu links" with "Useful Links" which will
include Support Mailing List, Developer Tools, FAQ, Site Map
 * knome to adjust archives page to show stubs rather than full articles
 * pleia2 to put download country and links in html table on /get page
 * knome to implement design proposed here:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/2011-November/008065.html
 * knome to review "Meta" in footer, remove or replace with other content
 * pleia2 to update /press page with 11.10 reviews
 * pleia2 to review contribute/ pages to reduce the amount of data
included on the website itself and instead link to respective team
wiki pages

We also need everyone to review the current http://xubuntu.org/about
page and ideas at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Website/Drafts

And developers: knome created a new
http://wp.xubuntu.org/developertools/ - what else do you want to see
there? Keeping in mind that this should be a quick reference of tools
and development details should probably be on the wiki.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com