Xubuntu Studio Request

Janne Jokitalo astraljava at kapsi.fi
Fri Aug 26 12:18:24 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 09:59:32AM +0200, Kaspar Kööp wrote:
> On 26 August 2011 02:01, Tim Henderson <tim at pghcomp.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm an avid user of Ubuntu Studio, however customized to run with Xubuntu
> > desktop.
> >
> > Is there a xubuntu-studio in the works?  I'd be very interested in this,
> > including participating the packaging, developement, and testing.  I already
> > have a working prototype :P
>
> Hi,
>
> Ubuntu Studio is switching from Gnome to XFCE (
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-users/2011-May/007629.html)
>
> NOT Xubuntu, but Ubuntu base with their own XFCE tuning.

Hi,

well, I'd say we're even closer than that. I'm borrowing heavily from Xubuntu's
desktop seed. Granted, we have our own theme, but outside of that, we just strip
a few things, and add our trademark stuff.

But yeah, it's gonna be interesting. Bear in mind, though, that this is the
first release with Xubuntu as the base. So it's not gonna be pretty (well I hope
it will, but might not.) Our real goal is to have a solid release for the
upcoming LTS cycle. As unfortunate as it is, oneiric is a little bit of a
training version. But I'm still expecting huge things of it, don't get me wrong.
:)

--
Jaska (aka astraljava @ irc.freenode.org)