Xubuntu Top 10 FAQ feedback

Jarno Suni jarno.ilari.suni at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 12:40:35 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Pasi Lallinaho <pasi at shimmerproject.org> wrote:
> The comments in this mail refer to
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HyhsMPDyyN-mRWRujfZX3JuKX9aWFQPWsxMEiJX99gQ/edit?pli=1
> Say something about pulseaudio. Maybe offer purging pulseaudio as a last
> resort.

Yes, for many people pulseaudio may be mainly extra load, and it might
work worse in basic use than bare ALSA. For some people OSS4 might
work better than ALSA
(http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=713209), but it has
currently no support in ubuntu:

> Do we "support" Compiz on Xubuntu? Make a note if we don't. This is
> still maybe one of the most low-priority stuff in the list, so even if
> it's the second most common, move it to the bottom.

It might be good to tell you need a 3D accelerated graphics driver with it.