Xubuntu community meeting minutes 2011-08-14

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Thu Aug 18 21:42:26 UTC 2011

== 2011-08-14 Meeting Minutes ==

The agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings

=== Old Business ===

 * Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU -
   Carried Forward
 * GridCube to put together the "TOP 10" for Xubuntu - In-work
  *
   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HyhsMPDyyN-mRWRujfZX3JuKX9aWFQPWsxMEiJX99gQ/edit?hl=es

 * madnick to look into building a lightdm greeter - In-work
 * drop ristretto if it can not do what we need to photos - Carried
   Forward to LTS

=== Team updates ===
==== Packaging & Development ====

 * last week we got a few updates from Debian
 * pastebinit need to be added to the defaults
 * uploaded a new xubuntu settings package
 * Bug #799754 Please let vendors easily provide their own config  -
   fixed?
 * Bug #799514 xubuntu-restricted-extras doesn't contain Java -
   non-default repository
  * openjdk could be added instead of SunJava
 * Bug #789333 users-admin crashes on start because of mixed GTK2 and 3
   symbols - we are the fix team if we plan to use this for the gui
   settings.
  * remove the dependency on the ported to GTK3 libraries, we'd have to
   drop it in favor of something else (if it exists)
  * or upload another copy of the GTK2 versions of those libs

==== Bug Triage & Testing ====

 * Images were broken all week again.
 * Keep the bugs coming in, please
  * We are tracking the Oneiric bugs at
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Bugs/OneiricOcelot

==== Website & Marketing ====

 * No update

==== Artwork ====

 * madnick is working on both plymouth and lightdm themes for Xubuntu
  * http://www.madnick.se/~madnick/xubuntu
  * Please contact charlie-tca or madnick in #xubuntu-devel to help
   test this

==== Documentation ====

 * We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and
   update it.

=== Announcements ===

 * The next meeting will be on Monday, 2011-08-22 at 19:00 UTC
 * Important dates coming up:
  * 11.10 FeatureFreeze : In effect as of August 11, 2011 at 21:00 UTC
  * 11.10 BetaFreeze: Aug 25, 2011 at 21:00 UTC
  * User Interface Freeze : August 25, 2011 at 21:00 UTC
  * 11.10 Release Date: October 13, 2011
  * UDS-P will be in Orlando, Florida the week of October 31 - Nov 4.
   Please apply for sponsorship by August 24.
  * UDS-P information at
   http://ubuntu-news.org/2011/07/15/ubuntu-developer-summit-sponsorship-now-open-2/

=== Any Other Business ===

 * Blueprints
 * to subscribe to the xubuntu-devel mailing list, go to
  * https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
 *
   [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-08-14
   | Meeting log]]

=== Xubuntu Governance ===

 * The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu_Governance_.26_Team_Structure

 * One weeks left for current review of revision to Strategy Document
   concerning electing a Project Lead. email sent to both ML for review.

=== Action items ===

 * micahg will set up meeting with derivatives to decide what to do
   with bug 789333
 * charlie-tca to start a release checklist page for Xubuntu

- --
Charlie Kravetz