Xubuntu Community Meeting 2011-04-07 minutes

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Mon Apr 11 16:08:52 UTC 2011

== 2011-04-07 Meeting Minutes ==

=== Old Business ===

 * charlie-tca to check on 11.04 docs - docs were re-written for 11.04
 * charlie-tca needs to review Testing wiki pages - done; there are
   still some items that need to be cleaned up, but it is mostly up to
   date
 * knome is to set up a tele-conference of some type to discuss
   marketing - carried forward/after natty releases
 * Charlie as Project Lead will draw up a proposal to be added the the
   Xubuntu Strategy Document for choosing a new Project Lead by
   community vote
  * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument

=== Team updates ===

==== Packaging & Development ====

 * Fixed a locale issue between gdm and xfce4-session.
 * Fixed an issue with xfce4-panel's default settings, sorry for the
   panel layout breakage ;-)
 * Applied upstream patch to fix task grouping/dropdown button issue in
   xfce4-panel.
 * Fixed FTBFS of xfce4-radio-plugin (port to libv4l1, testing welcome).
 * Uploaded xubuntu-default-settings to fix the ugly resize/move box
   for xfwm4, and xubuntu-artwork to include some icon fixes from
   ochosi.
 * Uploaded new bugfix releases for garcon (and another upload to fix a
   regression found by micahg), xfce4-panel and xfce4-terminal.
 * Uploaded a few minutes ago what I found in lp:xubuntu-docs (closed
   32 bugs).

==== Bug Triage & Testing ====

 * Beta1 testing and testing in the Global Jam uncovered a couple of
   issues.
  * Thanks to pleia2 for testing xubuntu specifically during the jam
 * We are testing the Beta2 image next week, for release on Thursday.

==== Website & Marketing ====

 * Still waiting on canonical to set up wordpress.
 * Suggestion from ochosi - it would be great if the first page would
   show the slideshow that is shown during installation.

==== Artwork ====

 * icon-theme was updated to fix gdm, xfce-panel-plugins etc.

==== Documentation ====

 * we will have updated documentation for 11.04. It might not be
   perfect, but it is much better than what we have had for two
   releases!

=== Announcements ===

 * UDS sponsorship approvals/disapprovals went out yesterday.
 * Beta 2 freeze - 4/11 (at UTC 09:00 ) - hard freeze
 * Kernel freeze - 4/14
 * Main/Seeded Final Freeze 14 days (4/14->4/28)
 * Unseeded Universe/Multiverse Freeze - 4/26 (at UTC 12:00)
 * Unseeded Universe/Multiverse Final Freeze - 2 days (4/26->4/28)
 * Natty release 4/28
 * Oneiric archive setup for development 4/29
 * Beta 2 next week! Help with testing is always welcome
 * Natty Narwhal, to be released as Xubuntu 11.04, is due out on April
   29

=== Any Other Business ===

 * Next meeting is in two weeks, April 21, #ubuntu-meeting, at 19:00
   UTC.
 * Meeting logs are available at
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-04-07

=== Action items for the 2011-04-07 meeting ===

 * email the ML with proposed meeting days and times, Mon, Thurs, Fri
   only for days

--
Charlie Kravetz