Xubuntu Community Meeting 2011-03-24 minutes
cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Wed Apr 6 14:09:08 UTC 2011
== 2011-03-24 Meeting Minutes ==
=== Old Business ===
* ask knome to do some drafts with a grey background and a black
background - Done
* this is the blue one: http://temp.knome.fi/xubuntu/website1104b.png
* Ageed to keep the blue background for the website
* knome is to set up a tele-conference of some type to discuss
marketing - carried forward/after natty releases
=== Team updates ===
==== Packaging & Development ====
* Included the new default wallpaper (still missing the full-sized
second one though)
* Fixed another bug in garcon, related to monitoring (Xfce #7423).
* Included a patch from upstream git to fix a workspace size issue in
* Restored the default blue for the alternative installer, instead of
the aubergine that actually looks pink in all terms I tested (only
gnome-terminal is fine).
* Imported gmb 1.1.7 + shimmer patches.
* micahg has uploaded xfce4-mixer 4.8.0 (but I didn't have time to
==== Bug Triage & Testing ====
* We have the beta1 release next week. Any testing is really
==== Website & Marketing ====
* Still waiting on canonical to set up wordpress.
* Suggestion from ochosi - it would be great if the first page would
show the slideshow that is shown during installation.
==== Artwork ====
I want to thank every artist for their work and I apologize for the
license issues not being verified before the end of the contest period.
<<BR>> The wallpapers are at
* licensed cc-by-sa, unfortunately, it contains images licensed
* Default wallpaper for Xubuntu Natty Narwhal
* copyrighted by the author, "all rights reserved"
* A vote was held to decide which of the remaining would be available
on the CD, results were a tie (4/4). Project Lead determined that the
image by leogg would be the winner.
=== Announcements ===
* Beta1 release of Natty is due next Thursday
* UserInterfaceFreeze and BetaFreeze is today at 23:00 UTC
* Natty Narwhal, to be released as Xubuntu 11.04, is due out on April
=== Any Other Business ===
* Next meeting is in two weeks, April 7, #ubuntu-meeting, at 19:00 UTC.
* Meeting log is available at
=== Action items for the 2011-3-24 meeting ===
* Charlie as Project Lead will draw up a proposal to be added the the
Xubuntu Strategy Document for choosing a new Project Lead by
* charlie-tca to check on 11.04 docs
* charlie-tca needs to review Testing wiki pages
Xubuntu Project Lead
Linux Registered User Number 425914 [http://counter.li.org/]
Never let anyone steal your DREAM. [http://keepingdreams.com]
More information about the xubuntu-devel