Lucid Bug with startxfce4: XDG_DATA_DIRS?

raevol raevol at gmail.com
Mon May 3 05:22:54 UTC 2010

After upgrading from 9.10 to 10.04 I've noticed that my menu entries from
/usr/local/share/applications are gone. I did a bunch of research and found
that startxfce4 does:

if test "x$XDG_DATA_DIRS" = "x"
then
  XDG_DATA_DIRS="/usr/local/share:/usr/share:/usr/share"
else
  XDG_DATA_DIRS="$XDG_DATA_DIRS:/usr/share"
fi
export XDG_DATA_DIRS

The else doesn't seem to append /usr/local/share to XDG_DATA_DIRS. Is this
correct?

I apologize if this is not the place for this sort of question, but I didn't
want to file a bug if my research was incorrect. Also, no one seems to know
anything about it on IRC. Could anyone clarify?

-raevol