Bugs and Improvement ideas for XUbuntu 10.04

Steve Dodier sidnioulz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 15:41:56 UTC 2010

Hey there,

Just a quick answer on 29 (Exaile): Exaile does also searching by file
location, using __loc=<location>, but without support for wildcards,
unfortunately. It also comes with an integrated file browser panel. There
will probably never be more support for tagless files, as this is a design
decision in Exaile: users should either use file managers or properly tag
their files for use in the player.

Ultimately, there might be some auto-tagging plugins (there was one for the
genre tag, last.fm based, for a while). But users who use a lot of tagless
files may indeed use another player. Though, as you're the first person I've
heard reporting this on both Exaile and Xubuntu, I think this is an edge use
case that does not justify a switch to another player.

About the lightweightness and features of Audacious, you are free to
ressurect and update the Music Player comparison on the wiki (
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Specifications/Karmic/DefaultMusicPlayer).

Cordially,
SD.