Add Gnote as a note-taking application

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 15:50:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Steve Dodier <sidnioulz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tomboy is mono based and would take quite a lot of room on the cd.
>
> just like that, what is the discoverability of the note taking app? How
> many users know about it? What do xfce note users think about it?
>
> I would rather spend time trying to identify and address short comings in
> the xfce app rather than having another upstream for such a tiny component.

Installing Tomboy required 32mb of downloads.  I forgot to check the
installed disk space, but 32mb is too much.  It used ~11.5mb of RAM on
startup.

I'm not sure what Steve means about discoverability of the Xfce app, but
with regards to the shortcomings of the xfce app . . .  I don't think it's a
bad app.  I just think gnote is better.  Regarding another upstream . . .  I
guess that is somewhat of a maintenance issue.  I'm not sure how problematic
others may find the "another upstream" to be.

Jim