Whaaw Media Player

J. Anthony Limon j at flippo.net
Fri Jan 1 20:39:37 UTC 2010

Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
> J. Anthony Limon wrote:
>>
>>> Hi team,
>>>
>>> I had never heard of this app before the other night, most likely due to
>>> it not being the repositories, but it seems to be an excellent fit for
>>> the XFce/Xubuntu desktop as a replacement for Totem. It's simple, light
>>> and uses gstreamer without any GNOME ties.
>>>
>>> Any comments?
>>>

> The fact that it's not in the repositories probably means it's not going
> to be default at least in Lucid.
>>

>> I realized I forgot to supply a URL for the app, sorry guys.
>>
>> http://home.gna.org/whaawmp/
>>
>> - J
>>
> It looks nice and easy to use, though.
>
> Then again, there is Parole
> (http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/parole), which is also a
> new project, and might also be considered to use in Lucid+1.
>
> --
> Pasi Lallinaho
> Xubuntu Marketing Lead
> Web-designer, graphic artist
> IRC: knome @ freenode

Oh yeah, I wouldn't even recommend it being default in Lucid. Just
curious as to what others thought of it in general, maybe expose it to
others who may be interested in the project.

Parole does seem interesting, I'll have to look into it more. On a
pretty non-important note, I severely dislike their icon/logo..

- J