Xubuntu Community Meeting 2010-12-16 minutes

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Thu Dec 16 22:47:23 UTC 2010

The regular Xubuntu Community Meeting was held on 2010-12-16. These are
the minutes of that meeting.

= 2010-12-16 Meeting Minutes =

== Old Business ==

 * pleia2 to check on converting website to new logo and icons
 * artwork will close on 2010-03-10
 * Any bugs that should be fixed for 10.04.2 need to be milestoned so
   that they can be worked on

== Team updates ==
=== Packaging & Development ===

 * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Roadmap/Specifications/Natty/Xfce4.8
 * Finished rebuilding all panel plugins against xfce4-panel 4.7.
 * working on the exo-0.3 -> exo-1 port for a few programs
 * doko fixed the powerpc FTBFS for libxfce4ui, so the powerpc stack
   should be buildable soon

=== Bug Triage & Testing ===

 * We do have a few users running Natty now.
 * Any bugs that should be fixed for 10.04.2 need to be milestoned so
   that they can be worked on

=== Website & Marketing ===

 * No new business

=== Artwork ===

 * ochosi has done a lot of work on greybird and faenza-xfce icons
    * please take a look at them if you have time, and give some
      feedback
    * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Artwork/Natty

=== Documentation ===

 * as many people as possible need to review the latest docs in bzr
    * lp:xubuntu-docs is the lastest branch of the documentation
 * Email to the xubuntu-devel mailing lists explains how to review the
   docs

== Announcements ==

 * We no longer produce the PS3 images for Natty
 * Thunderbird 3.1.7 is out.
 * There is no meeting next week, 2010-12-23, because of the holidays

== Any Other Business ==

 * We do follow the IRC guidelines at
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/Guidelines in our channels
  *  We give them all the help we can, including exact references to
    look at
 * Next meeting is in two weeks, December 30, #ubuntu-meeting, at 19:00
   UTC.
 * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Xubuntu_2010-12-16 contains the
   Meeting log

== Action items for the 2011-01-06 meeting ==

 * Follow up on the 10.04.2 image update - micahg
 * check on converting website to new logo and icons -
   carried forward

- --
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Interim Project Lead