How to review the Xubuntu Documentation

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Tue Dec 14 21:13:17 UTC 2010

Hopefully, this will serve as a guide to all of us. I am sending it to
the list so the procedures remain available between releases. The
procedure I use to download and review the documentation is as follows.

1. sudo apt-get install bzr

2. after installing bazaar, you should tell it who you are:
    bzr whoami 'Your Name <you at example.com>'
    as in
    bzr whoami 'Charlie Kravetz <charlie-tca at ubuntu.com>'

3. you can also change the bazaar plugin that manages launchpad login
to match your launchpad username.
    bzr launchpad-login <launchpad user name>

4. If you got an error putting in your launchpad name, go to step 2 and
skip step 3.

5. Create the bazaar directory on your drive:
    mkdir ~/bazaar

6. Now we will download the documentation:
    cd ~/bazaar
    bzr branch lp:xubuntu-docs

7. If you are asked
    "Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?
    Type    yes    and press ENTER

8. After the download completes,
    yelp ~/bazaar/xubuntu-docs/desktop-guide/index.xml
    press ENTER

9. Review the documentation for errors, navigating through them by
using the arrows at the bottom of each page. Note any spelling or
application errors and email to the Xubuntu developer mailing list:

xubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com