Update to my position in the Xubuntu project

Pasi Lallinaho open at knome.fi
Fri Apr 23 17:04:26 UTC 2010

Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
> Hello Xubuntu developers,
>
> as of this message, I will not be contributing to Xubuntu as the Xubuntu
> Marketing Lead any more. This decision is partly based on the
> inconveniences and controversies we've had inside the team lately. The
> most important reason is, however, the fact that I want to enjoy what I
> do, not only in terms of contributing to open source software, but also
> in life generally.
>
> While I take no responsibility for coordinating the marketing or
> creating the complete artwork for a release cycle in the future, I will
> continue contributing to the Ubuntu project through various functional
> teams, such as the Artwork and Website teams. This work will contain
> contributions related to Xubuntu, at least in the near future. Moreover,
> I will provide all of the relevant material I have for the community, so
> anybody can continue working with them.

The https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Artwork/Lucid wikipage contains all
material which I have at least somewhat been preparing for Lucid.

I kindly ask you not to link to my sandbox server (anything on emonk.fi)
any more, unless I tell you it's okay. I will take the Xubuntu stuff
offline in the future, so if you specifically need something, feel free
to (and please do!) download the files while they still are online.
Thanks for your understanding.
> I've edited the Xubuntu Leaders page accordingly, as well as leaving the
> xubuntu-art, xubuntu-team and xubuntu-website Launchpad teams. Xubuntu
> Team is now the administrator for the xubuntu-art team. I've also
> removed my user account from the Xubuntu website. I will continue
> operating in the #xubuntu IRC channel for now.

This is now actually done.

--
Pasi Lallinaho
Leader of the Shimmer Project, Ubuntu Member