Update to my position in the Xubuntu project

Pasi Lallinaho open at knome.fi
Fri Apr 23 16:09:52 UTC 2010

Hello Xubuntu developers,

as of this message, I will not be contributing to Xubuntu as the Xubuntu
Marketing Lead any more. This decision is partly based on the
inconveniences and controversies we've had inside the team lately. The
most important reason is, however, the fact that I want to enjoy what I
do, not only in terms of contributing to open source software, but also
in life generally.

While I take no responsibility for coordinating the marketing or
creating the complete artwork for a release cycle in the future, I will
continue contributing to the Ubuntu project through various functional
teams, such as the Artwork and Website teams. This work will contain
contributions related to Xubuntu, at least in the near future. Moreover,
I will provide all of the relevant material I have for the community, so
anybody can continue working with them.

I've edited the Xubuntu Leaders page accordingly, as well as leaving the
xubuntu-art, xubuntu-team and xubuntu-website Launchpad teams. Xubuntu
Team is now the administrator for the xubuntu-art team. I've also
removed my user account from the Xubuntu website. I will continue
operating in the #xubuntu IRC channel for now.

I've had wonderful moments with the team and I hope we can keep on
having those moments in future as well.

I regret all this had to happen during the LTS cycle.

--
Pasi Lallinaho
Ubuntu Member