request for beta2 announcement input

Eero Tamminen oak at helsinkinet.fi
Sat Apr 17 19:23:19 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Saturday 17 April 2010, Jarno Suni wrote:
>> As for the audio issues, I can only say that for me, pulseaudio is a
>> tremendous improvement. I can finally use my sound! It works on all my
>> systems, and I can even get the music I listen to to play through it.
>
> What is so special in playing music through pulseaudio? I'd say that
> is basic work.

Use Google.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PulseAudio#Features

> Someone told me that the current pulseaudio requires much more CPU
> power than alsa. Maybe that can be an issue to some users.

By default Pulseaudio uses ALSA for the sound output.

Additional features naturally need additional CPU.

If you don't need a sound server and other additional features Pulseaudio
offers on top of ALSA, ALSA can be just fine:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture#Features

	- Eero