Updates for Lucid Lynx

Pasi Lallinaho open at knome.fi
Wed Apr 7 08:36:01 UTC 2010

Kaspar Kööp wrote:
> this is why it is important to divide some of the tasks for
> development iteration... that means - person X is responsible for
> updating the web page during MM development etc.
Tasks *are* divided – the people responsible for stuff just don't always
have the time they wanted to. The additional workload should of course
be split amongst the rest of the community where applicable/possible,
but of course, nobody can get infinite amount of tasks done.

This is not a situation where we want to be, but we just need to cope
with it.

> i know we all want open discussion and democracy, but then no-one will
> feel the responsibility to do anything
When it comes down to Open Source projects, I think open discussion is
pretty much what it is about. The people working on Xubuntu and/or other
OS projects are usually motivated enough to take on some smaller stuff
in addition what they do usually, if that is really needed.

Then again, democracy in OS projects is a completely different thing and
I won't go into that here.

> sorry, i'm no developer, just a user interested in the process of
> creating xubuntu :)
Everybody is welcome to post on the mailing list. Thanks for your opinions.

> kaspar
>

> On 7 April 2010 07:35, z b <novarozz at gmail.com
> <mailto:novarozz at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     sounds like you guys need alot more people to help out with some of
>     the mundane stuff like the advertising
>
>     On 4/6/10, Charlie Kravetz <cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
>     <mailto:cjk at teamcharliesangels.com>> wrote:
>     > Today we started beta2 testing for Lucid. We have three weeks until
>     > lucid releases. The scheduled release date is 2010-04-29, and at
>     this
>     > time, it appears accurate.
>     >
>     > Could we get the xubuntu.org <http://xubuntu.org> website
>     updated with news about 10.04 ? We
>     > have done no advertising to speak of, not even the beta1 release
>     notes.
>     > With three weeks to release, the only way anyone knows we are
>     going to
>     > release Xubuntu 10.04 is through the Ubuntu Release Team. They did
>     > reference Xubuntu in the release notes.
>     >
>     > We really should have release notes for beta2. We also should have a
>     > news clip on http://www.xubuntu.org about lucid.
>     >
>     > Are we going to let the word out? Perhaps some blogging could be
>     done,
>     > a news clip written and posted to the website, etc. Do we have a
>     > countdown timer we could use? Are we going to have a new background?
>     >
>     > Time is running out. It seems to me we, as a team, need to start
>     > getting word out. We also have Ubuntu Open Week coming. Are we doing
>     > anything for it? That has been a great way to get some people
>     involved.
>     >
>     > Enough rambling.... Are there any answers?
>     >
>     > --
>     > Charlie Kravetz
>     > Xubuntu Quality Assurance