Updates for Lucid Lynx

Pasi Lallinaho open at knome.fi
Wed Apr 7 08:30:00 UTC 2010

Kristian Rink wrote:
> Am 07.04.2010 09:59, schrieb Kaspar Kööp:
>
>> this is why it is important to divide some of the tasks for development
>> iteration... that means - person X is responsible for updating the web
>> page during MM development etc.
>>
>> i know we all want open discussion and democracy, but then no-one will
>> feel the responsibility to do anything
>>

> I'm by no means a developer but rather just a quiet lurker on the list,
> but nevertheless what would be the "formal" way of volunteering /
> offering some time for work like adding news to a web page, doing some
> promotion, announcing new releases, ...?
>
> K.

As of this mail, anybody is free to step up and write the release notes.
I think it would make sense if Charlie and/or Lionel proofread and
approved the text before it is published. Only people with credentials
to the site can update it, so that's not a task for volunteers stepping
up for some time only.

If you want to offer more of your time, join us at #xubuntu-devel, get
yourself known and eventually, you can be given rights to update the
Xubuntu website, though traditionally everything has gone through/been
approved by the community before publishing even if you had the full
rights to update.

Everybody is free to do promotion of Xubuntu in their own websites,
blogs and whatever by shouting the new Xubuntu release is coming. And
possibly that you love it.

--
Pasi Lallinaho
Xubuntu Marketing Lead