Feature Freeze approaching

Cody A.W. Somerville cody-somerville at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 29 03:35:22 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:51 AM, Cody A.W. Somerville <
cody-somerville at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Steve Dodier <sidnioulz at gmail.com> wrote:

>> *GDM, gnome-screensaver*
>> What are we doing about these ? I don't believe we want to depend on
>> gnome-session, but it is really time to decide about what to use as a
>> replacement for these two applications (and whether we can use something
>> unsecure / ugly and fix the security flaws / GUI).
> I'm going to upload gdm-2.20 tomorrow and have us use that for karmic.

Just to keep everyone in the loop, I did upload gdm-2.20 but we've now
decided to go with the new gdm. Kudos to Lionel for all the work he did on
this to help close the gap with the new gdm.

Cody A.W. Somerville
Software Systems Release Engineer
Foundations Team
Custom Engineering Solutions Group