The login screen

Jarno Suni jarno.ilari.suni at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 17:51:49 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 8:31 PM, Lionel Le Folgoc <mrpouit at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I just tested, and it is not possible to lock the screen with
> gnome-screensaver or xscreensaver actually (either because the account
> doesn't have a password or because they are not running with gdm). So
> I'd say there is no bug for us to fix, the bug is in xlock…

If no proper user is logged in, no screensaver daemon is running. If
you switch user, a daemon may be running as the initial user.

A hack would be to test in xflock4 whether "$USER" is "gdm" or not and
lock only if not. By the way, xlock command should have ampersand (&)
at the end of the command line to not stuck script execution in it.

--
http://www.iki.fi/8/