The login screen

Jarno Suni jarno.ilari.suni at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 12:05:27 UTC 2009

> On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Lionel Le Folgoc <lionel at lefolgoc.net> wrote:

>>> I wonder, if /usr/share/gdm/guest-session/guest-session-launch (from
>>> package gdm-guest-session) could be added to login screen so that
>>> guest could use the computer without a regular user login.
>>>

>> I don't think so. It seems to start a GNOME session, so it won't work
>> for Xubuntu as is.

It does not seem to start gnome-session here, although sometimes I
have seen gnome-session running regardless of guest-session. The
locking part of the script could be stripped when used in login
screen. And it could use xflock4 to lock, if launched by a logged-in
user in Xfce session.

--
http://www.iki.fi/8/