The login screen

Lionel Le Folgoc mrpouit at ubuntu.com
Sat Sep 19 18:31:53 BST 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 01:54:35PM -0300, Cody A.W. Somerville wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Steve Dodier <sidnioulz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > xflock4 calls xscreensaver | gnome-screensaver | xlock actually. The power
> > manager should just be configured to not call the screensaver when
> > suspending. I think we can do this by providing a default configuration for
> > the gdm user in xubuntu-default-settings. We can have a custom GDM theme
> > with the same approach, I believe.
> >

> Thats not the right solution. It should not be possible to lock a screen for
> an account that has no password.
>
> Cheers,

I just tested, and it is not possible to lock the screen with
gnome-screensaver or xscreensaver actually (either because the account
doesn't have a password or because they are not running with gdm). So
I'd say there is no bug for us to fix, the bug is in xlock…

Cheers,
Lionel

--
Lionel Le Folgoc - https://launchpad.net/~mrpouit
E61E 116D 4BA1 3936 0A33  F61D 65D9 A66E 10E2 969A