The login screen

Lionel Le Folgoc lionel at lefolgoc.net
Sat Sep 19 08:30:39 BST 2009

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 02:06:24AM +0300, Jarno Suni wrote:
> Now xfce4-power-manager icon present in login screen and there is a
> suspend button. By default the button tries to lock screen by xflock4
> so if xlock is installed and you use the button, a password is asked
> in resume. But what is the password? No password should be asked. The
> behavior can be changed in the power manager's preferences, but I
> think the setting should be fixed not to lock screen on
> suspend/hibernate. Screen should not be locked when laptop lid is
> closed, either.

Did you file a bug against xscreensaver/gnome-screensaver, as you were
asked yesterday on IRC?

> I wonder, if /usr/share/gdm/guest-session/guest-session-launch (from
> package gdm-guest-session) could be added to login screen so that
> guest could use the computer without a regular user login.

I don't think so. It seems to start a GNOME session, so it won't work
for Xubuntu as is.

Cheers,
Lionel

--
Lionel Le Folgoc - https://launchpad.net/~mrpouit
E61E 116D 4BA1 3936 0A33  F61D 65D9 A66E 10E2 969A