Abiword update

Johan Brannlund johan_brn at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 3 20:46:01 UTC 2009

Hello. I've noticed that Abiword in Karmic is currently at version 2.6.8.
Since Xubuntu uses Abiword as the default word processor, I thought there
might be some interest in updating this package.

Abiword is currently at version 2.7.10, which is the last release before
2.8.0.

2.8.0 is likely to be released within the next few weeks and brings quite
a few benefits: many, many bugfixes, greatly improved collaboration features
, a move from libgnomeprint to gtk for printing etc etc.
See http://www.abisource.com/ for a more complete list.

Is it still possible to get Abiword 2.8.0 into Karmic?

Regards,

Johan