325 Xubuntu Discs Shipped (v.2)

Todd Robinson todd at webpath.net
Thu Oct 22 19:01:46 UTC 2009

Jim Campbell wrote:
> Hi Todd,
>
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Todd Robinson <todd at webpath.net> wrote:
>
>> (Spelling corrections included)
>>
>> I was compiling some statistics before the Ontario Linux Fest and thought
>> you might like to know how many Free discs have Quick Shipped.
>>
>> Item: Xubuntu 9.04
>> Shipped to U.S.A. = 203
>> Shipped Internationally = 122
>> Total Shipped to date = 325
>>
>> Pretty good considering the Quick Ship program has only been
>> running since the end of July.
>>
>> From these numbers I suspect 9.10 would be at least twice as much, and
>> possibly even reach 1,000 since the majority of people obtain a new
>> release within the first couple months.
>>

> Could you provide the link to your service again?  I'd like to make
> sure we recognize what you've done.  Thanks so much for your
> contributions,
>
> Jim

I think you already have that covered. The links are on
http://xubuntu.org/get

      Free Xubuntu CDs

Although Ubuntu's ShipIt service <https://shipit.ubuntu.com/> is not
available for Xubuntu, On-Disk.com <http://on-disk.com/> generously
provides free Xubuntu CDs under its free disk service Quick Ship
<http://on-disk.com/cms/index.php?wiki=Quick_Ship_Free_Disc_Service>:

    * Free Xubuntu CDs within the USA.
      <http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/products_id/866>
    * Free Xubuntu CDs for the rest of the world.
      <http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/products_id/872>

These CDs provide the latest version of Xubuntu free of charge, only
charging for shipping costs. Do *note that this is an independent
third-party project* that is not run by Canonical nor the Xubuntu
developers.